Sunday, November 29, 2009

latest Fashion

I'm a bit old-fashioned when it comes to the holidays--I still believe we should dress up for them. You can wear your jeans 364 days a year, when the family is gathered together for a celebration, put a little more effort into your outfit.
But that doesn't mean you have to wear a suit, long satin dress or be uncomfortable. I like a dress like the one shown, because it's flirty without being overtly sexy so you can still wear it to meet the parents, the 3/4-length bell sleeves won't get in the way if you're called into the kitchen to do any last minute tossing of the salad and best of all, there's no waistband and it's a spandex blend, so you can get second helpings of your Aunt Flossie's pumpkin pie and still breathe at the end of the night.






It may be all the hand washing I did yesterday while cooking our Thanksgiving bird or it may be that I have yet to dig out my gloves from storage and it's getting a little chilly in the Northeast. At any rate, my cuticles are ragged to the point that they're starting to tear and hurt.
There's no way around it, cuticle oil is messy. But it also helps save my cuticles and my nails, which means I can get away without a manicure or polish for longer. My new favorite is Carol's Daughter Lemon and Jojoba Cuticle Oil. I apply it while I'm watching my favorite TV shows and rub it in. In the morning, my cuticles are soft and my nails are so shiny, it looks like I buffed them! Plus it smells lemony and sweet, so it's a treat to add this to my hand care regimen.






0 comments: